Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Illustrator › reduce many Illustrator paths to one, import ONE mask to After Effects

  • reduce many Illustrator paths to one, import ONE mask to After Effects

    Posted by Tudor Applen on June 8, 2006 at 6:36 am

    Let me preface by admitting Illustrator ignorance.

    I’ve laid out 90 parallel lines in Illustrator by:
    Drawing two parallel paths, then using the blend tool to create the in-between paths. I “expanded” the blend object into 90 discrete paths, then joined 2 ends at a time on opposing ends to end up with a long “S” shape. Problem is, when I copy and paste the “one” path into After Effects, it still sees them as separate, and makes a bunch of masks/paths rather than just one. I’ve tried “combining” in Illustrator, but that doesn’t seem to work. (I admit to being a bit lame with Illustrator.) Thoughts?

    Mike Gondek replied 20 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mike Gondek

    June 12, 2006 at 8:34 pm

    Ok I got it you connected the endpoints to make a zig zagging z shape. Sounds like you may have. I hate to suggest stariting over, but it really is only 2 steps to recreate:

    Draw a vertical line
    Filter >> Distort >> Zig Zag (size: 100 pt, ridges per segments: 90)

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy