Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Recommended PC Spec for 4k and 2k Editing in Premiere?

  • Recommended PC Spec for 4k and 2k Editing in Premiere?

    Posted by Terry Nutkins on December 8, 2014 at 8:02 pm

    Hi there,

    I need a new editing PC and am hoping to get something that will enable me to edit 4k at 1/2 resolution and 2k at 1/1 in Premiere (working mostly with RED files). My budget is around $2k.

    I am currently considering this setup…

    Processor: i7 4930 (6 x 3.4GHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
    RAM: 32GB
    Motherboard: P9X79

    If anyone can please advise whether this would be sufficient I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    Ericbowen replied 11 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ericbowen

    December 9, 2014 at 3:33 pm

    I would look for the 760GTX 4GB card. Other than that the build is solid for 4K work provided you have the drive setup.

    Eric-ADK
    Tech Manager
    support@adkvideoediting.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy