Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Recently upgraded from Radeon card to Nvidia GTX 650 ti Boost and now CS6 crashes while editing or exporting

  • Recently upgraded from Radeon card to Nvidia GTX 650 ti Boost and now CS6 crashes while editing or exporting

    Posted by Cody Swanson on July 17, 2013 at 4:02 am

    Hopefully someone can help. I’ve been searching around various forums but it’s hard to find something that meets my case exactly.

    I have a decent build tower. It’s a few years old, but it’s been fast enough to run almost any game and edit most things. Recently I decided to switch from my Radeon HD 6850 to a Nvidia GTX 650 ti Boost to take advantage of CUDA and various things in Premiere and After Effects, and for the boost in RAM. Now, I realized a little late that the card wasn’t technically supported, but I got around that but adding it to the CUDA support list, etc. The card seemed to be working fine, everything ran fast and CUDA was great.

    While working in a project recently for a major client I experienced after a few days an increase in “random” restarts while editing or attempting to export or render. I was able to export sometimes but most often it would get stuck near the end and I’d walk in from getting coffee to the computer restarting. The project contained multiple effects heavy AE files nested into the PPro project. I’ve worked with these sorts of projects many times before on my Radeon card and nothing like this happened.

    What could be the source? The Nvidia driver? Using the card that’s not technically supported? This problem caused a Mac drive I was using on my PC to become corrupted a few times because of the reboot while writing data. This is a very distressing thing.

    Thanks!

    Cody Swanson replied 13 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Cody Swanson

    July 19, 2013 at 1:25 am

    Anyone? This is causing a really frustrating situation with a project I’m working on. I guess I’ll go back to the Radeon card, but it’s so much slower it’s going to still slow things down.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy