Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Expressions random text shapes?

• random text shapes?

• Michael Thomson

May 17, 2006 at 1:45 pm

Hello all,

I wonder if any of you fellow grazers can help here.

I’m trying to make a collection of random letters form into the shape of objects within a 3D comp. I’ve tried to get info on using partical playgroup for this but i dont feel it will work to well as i will have multiple letters not a complete word of phrase. I thought about using a technique similar to the one in Joe Chao’s tutorial where he moves the camera through the particals but that wont work either because i will need the letters to move off of one shape and then form another.

Does anyone have any ideas, or indeed know the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

• Mylenium

May 17, 2006 at 6:26 pm

Assuming each letter is on a separate layer, you could use expressions to “morph” them from one position to another, but it will still be a lot of work. Other than that, you’d probably have more luck with just faking the swarming behavior by using some text animators with extrem settings and then animating those parameters to mimic the alignment.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

• Michael Thomson

May 18, 2006 at 8:15 am

Hey

Thanks for the response. I must admit im no expert with expressions so i will probably try the second option. I have a feeling i will be staring at a screen for a while with this one!!

Thanks

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy