- October 26, 2010 at 6:37 am
I am continuing along on my journey of figuring AI out! So, my next question is, if I make some text, and then go to Object > expand, and then apply a gradient– when I set it to radial, it does a radial gradient in each individual letter.. How can I make it so that there is one gradual gradient starting within a letter and then expand outwards?
I am basically trying to replicate what I do in photoshop which is:
1. make some text, give it a layer style with a stroke
2. select the pixels of the text
3. create a new layer
4. add a radial gradient over that selection
5. apply some noise to the gradient layer
This gives me an effect like this:
How is the best way to create something like this in Illustrator? Thank you!
- October 26, 2010 at 7:24 am
Oh wait.. I see, by using the gradient tool and dragging that over the entire text area, that seems to make it do what I was wanting it to…
Log in to reply.