Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs

  • Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs

    Posted by Roger Burton on January 12, 2015 at 8:17 am

    Hope it’s not a big no-no posting this here as well as in ‘basics’ there seems more traffic here.

    Well it seems like years since I was here, very sadly my AE work has dried up but I have a very small project which involves me recording the imac screen using qtime … the movie qt creates is fine and plays in qt but when I drag it into AE and make a new comp the action freezes after about 10 seconds, am I being stupid or am I missing something … thanks in advance for your help.

    Roger

    Roger Burton replied 11 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Thomas Leong

    January 12, 2015 at 1:20 pm

    Here’s a shot in the dark: AE defaults to a comp of 10 secs unless otherwise specified. So check your Comp duration settings.

  • Roger Burton

    January 12, 2015 at 1:34 pm

    Thanks Thomas but no … the comp is the length of the clip, however if I open the clip in QT and ‘export’ it – it behaves correctly … go figure.

    Best Roger

  • Roger Burton

    January 12, 2015 at 4:29 pm

    Thanks Dave, I have 16gb ram, usually plenty, anyway the video freezes even if I just scrub through the timeline (ie not ram preview), thanks for trying … I found a solution anyway (as previous post) export out of quicktime and it seems to work so I’m going to stop worrying about it … good of you to take the time.

    Roger

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy