Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Pro Res 422 vs. DVCPRO HD (Revisited) workflow

  • Pro Res 422 vs. DVCPRO HD (Revisited) workflow

    Posted by Sean Kapleton on March 16, 2008 at 8:36 pm

    Hey everyone,

    I read some of the threads about comparing these two codecs and I just have a quick question for anyone willing to help me out.

    I have a huge batch of Camera RAW file sequences which i will be turning into QT movies in AE7 in order to edit with. I will work in two streams 1 being offline and the other set will be in the animation codec for once picture isl ocked.

    I have done a batch automation in Photoshop scaling the raw files down to 1920×1080 for FCP now i just am not sure whether or not to make them Pre Res 422 or DVCPRO HD for editing purposes. When the edit is locked i will replace the footage with animation qt’s in order to deliver to animators and 3d artists a full res edit.

    My other question is about how once picture is locked i can best replace the footage with animation qt’s – i believe i just take the footage offline and replace with the qt’s that are identical in name but in the animation codec – i also think i will have change the seq setting compression to animation.

    thank for any help you guys can provide me with

    best

    sean kapleton
    Macpro dual 2.8 8 core
    4gb ram
    2x 750gb sata drives

    Sean Kapleton replied 18 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy