Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Premiere Freezes on start-up – iPhone 12 Pro Max HDR footage

• Premiere Freezes on start-up – iPhone 12 Pro Max HDR footage

• Mike Jameson

January 19, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Hi all. Looking to see if anyone’s had this issue.. Trying to cut material shot by the new iPhone (12 Pro Max). It’s been shot with the HDR (Dolby Vision) enabled in 4K at 25fps via Filmic Pro. Around 300 clips in total in the project. All was going well and got most of the way through the edit – now however when I load the project the system freezes. Think I’ve isolated it down to when it’s linking to the iPhone footage. Anyone else encountered this?

I’ve reset preferences/cache, even wiped the system and did a clean install. Works for a bit then a day or two in, it freezes again. I’ve deleted render files and tried different versions of Premiere all the way back to 13.1.5.

I’m running a 2020 iMac – 10 Core with 64GB RAM. OS Catalina 10.15.7 – Currently Premiere 14.3.2

Project Files/Source material/Cache/Scratch Disks on external TB3 OWC Thunderblade (2TB).

We’ve been trying out the new iPhone so have shot a couple of projects with it, but if it carry’s on like this, it’s a non starter.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Viewing 1 of 1 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy