Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Premiere 6.5 Matrox Dll Problem Removing Matrox

  • Premiere 6.5 Matrox Dll Problem Removing Matrox

    Posted by Montag on January 1, 2007 at 5:28 am

    I have 6.0 running with a 6.5 update. I removed my RT2500 matrox board and software. I then removed both Premiere programs and reinstalled them. Now when I try to load 6.5 I keep getting Dll warnings that stalls the program. It will finally load after numerous clicking of the warnings. When the program finally loads I can still find Matrox options in the menu…they don’t work of course. Also, there are quite a few folders in the registry. How do I fix this? And, any recommendations for an analog capture board for 6.5 that will run with an updated dual monitor graphics board?

    John

    Mike Velte replied 19 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Mike Velte

    January 1, 2007 at 12:39 pm

    Uninstalling 6.5 left the Program folder with Matrox plug-ins and Project Presets intact. Either clean them out or Uninstall 6.5 again, then delete the Program folder before reinstalling.

    Probably the best card for 6.5 is/was Canopus Storm 2. There are probably dozens in the dust bin that can be had for cheap. Maybe Steve Gotz can pry his loose from under the door and ship it to you.

  • Montag

    January 2, 2007 at 5:09 am

    I’ve done all that several times. No go. Same problem with the “can’t find dll….” issues. John

  • Mike Velte

    January 2, 2007 at 12:08 pm

    You can do a search of the registry for that .dll and delete any keys. Create a System Restore point before mucking around in the registry.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy