Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Photoshop Live 3D: All objects are moving in a strange way

  • Photoshop Live 3D: All objects are moving in a strange way

    Posted by Christoph Brüggemeier on October 19, 2013 at 1:52 am

    Hi,
    this is my first post in this forum – and it’s my first try with Photoshop Live 3D. I’m working with the CS4 suite.
    I have a strange problem. I built something like a 3D city with Photoshop. I imported it to After Effects and now I want an animated 2D-girl to walk in the 3D city. The city stands on a 2D ground layer. The camera shold follow the girl walking in the city and than move to an higher point to show more of the city.
    My problem is now that layers (without position-keyframes) move in an unexpected way, when I move the camera. How can I solve this. I also experinced the girl to have an different position in the view from the top and the view with my camera. And there are more strange things linke that – so that I am now on a point, were I think that I didn’t understand something very fundamental. Is it something with the anchor points?
    I would be happy if someone has an answer for me!
    Thank you, Christoph

    Here are the links to my videofile and a screenshot of the composition:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx4pDXBvGiq5NVBQakNhSHViRmM/edit?usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx4pDXBvGiq5bDJmZmM4cXRqa1U/edit?usp=sharing

    Christoph Brüggemeier replied 12 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Todd Kopriva

    October 19, 2013 at 2:40 am

    I recommend against putting much effort into trying to use Photoshop 3D in After Effects. We removed this feature from After Effects a few versions ago; it never worked well.

    Instead, I recommend using a 3D application like Cinema 4D and its integration with After Effects.

    ———————————————————————————————————
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects quality engineering
    After Effects team blog
    ———————————————————————————————————

  • Christoph Brüggemeier

    October 19, 2013 at 5:04 am

    Thank you for your quick answer. I promise I woun’t use Photoshop Live 3D anymore, but I now need to finish the project with it because I have no access to other softwares right now.
    The main problem is quite simple: How can I fixate the houses to the floor?
    In this video you see them under, over, on or aside from the floor:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx4pDXBvGiq5TmFuX1hkS0V1R1k/edit?usp=sharing

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy