Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Page turn effect

• Page turn effect

john bolton updated 1 week, 2 days ago 7 Members · 19 Posts
  • Tim Wilson

September 13, 2020 at 8:42 pm

For the record, you haven’t been able to upload video in the old COW for years, either. We ended the feature when we were swamped with lawyers insisting that WE pay for all the unlicensed music in the clips we were hosting, mostly in the reels. (I’m not pointing any fingers. LOL) We didn’t have the money for that, and we barely had time to comply with all the takedown notices, so we simply stopped hosting video.

That said, licensing has changed, and as Graham has noted, returning video upload to our feature set is on our Q4 roadmap for sure.

Along with that will come the reopening of our video reels gallery, which had over 10,000 clips in it before most people knew how to spell the word “Vimeo”. LOL We’d forgotten that most of those clips were encoded in Flash, which was then the state of the art, and now more or less banned from sites of good reputation. 🙂 Including ours. We don’t have Flash anywhere anymore. So we have some additional work to undertake on the encoding front.

Anyway, it has been the case for a while that we have asked folks to host video on the platform of their choosing. imgur has become my favorite by far — free, easy, nimble, widely distributed, etc. — but yeah, we’ll have video uploading again soon.

Thanks,

Tim Wilson
    Editor-in-Chief
    Creative COW

PS. Sigs are coming back too! Our first priority was just to get the thing launched so that we could move on the next phase, which includes bringing back in some features like these, and some shiny new ones too! Thanks for your patience while we work this all out.

• Tim Wilson

September 13, 2020 at 10:52 pm

And to finish answering the question about uploading video, you can of course use your favorite hosting service to uplaod the video to, and then embed it in the COW. I’m using imgur more and more these days, but your mileage will vary…

• john bolton

September 14, 2020 at 7:19 am

Can you add a Youtube Link?

• Brie Clayton

September 14, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Yes!

• john bolton

September 14, 2020 at 4:19 pm

Well here goes. Jono asked the question and like others looked into the issue with DCC page roll

I am not sure if this is what he was looking for but this is the best I have discovered so far.

If it is not what’s wanted then NP.

If it is what is wanted that I will produce a Tut or it.

There are 2 variants in this video as it plays…..

Let me know

<font face=”inherit” style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>I am hoping that the Youtube </font>Link<font face=”inherit” style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”> works</font>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiC0NeLADVE

John

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• john bolton

September 14, 2020 at 4:20 pm

Sorry about the spelly DCC should of been BCC 🙁

• Francois Pénzes

September 14, 2020 at 7:17 pm

Hi John !

How did you pull that on off ?

(the first one)

Cheers !

• john bolton

September 15, 2020 at 7:59 am

Hi Francois

After much experimenting, I then found out that the “Standard Page Turn FX” cannot work in Vegas as within a normal effect it cannot access secondary layers unless you can add it as a Custom Compositing Mode, but it does not appear if you click on custom.

So the only way is to add it as a “Transition” and make your selection in there. So just drop the “Page Turn Transition” effect where each Media joins and then make the relevant adjustments.

You have to Change the “Animation” control from “Auto to Offset” else the Offset slider will be greyed out and then change the “Alternate back” to “incoming” which means that it will add the following image to the back of the previous one. If you select” Outgoing” you get the first Image on the reverse.

Hope some of this makes sense 🙂

I only did a quick experiment, so with more time no doubt it could be drastically improved.

Hope the Picture helps,

Regards

• john bolton

September 16, 2020 at 4:13 pm

Had another play…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5E_G0yeKbg

Think this may be a better way to do it..

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

Viewing 11 - 19 of 19 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy