Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Page turn effect

• Page turn effect

john bolton updated 1 week, 2 days ago 7 Members · 19 Posts
  • Jono Grant

September 9, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Hi there, I have a question about page turn effects.

I have a page turn effect (BCC) in my vegas project, all good.

The opening page is a jpeg with text. When the page turns, it shows the backwards text through the page, as it would look if you could see through the page.

I would like the page to turn but not see the text through the other side. Is there a way to do that? Vegas’s page peel effect does the same thing.

Anybody know a way?

Thanks

• Graham Bernard

September 10, 2020 at 5:24 am

Anybody know a way?

Jono, great question! You got me fired-up. I started testing your request and my results confirm your results. Then I asked myself, hm, what SHOULD a PAGE Peel, Roll page whatever actually DO? My understanding is exactly what we’re finding. Yes, I know, I’m kinda stating the bleedin’ obvious here, but, there comes a time if we can’t find one then maybe we need to look outside the BOX and approach this differently. Could there a point where the TEXT is cut or faded so that it does NOT appear as part of the Transition?

I have other ideas . . . . Wink

• Graham Bernard

September 10, 2020 at 8:41 am

I used VEGAS Timecode to reference that Roll:

• Janet Turner

September 11, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Graham, cool solution.

• john bolton

September 12, 2020 at 10:16 am

There is an Option in BBC Page Turn ( Roll ) that says…..The <strong style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>Alternate <strong style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>Back menu allows you to choose a layer in the timeline to apply to the back of the page turn. <em style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>None applies the source layer to both sides of the page.

<font face=”inherit”>If I click on the ALTERNATE BACK </font>option<font face=”inherit”> is says “Source”, but can’t find a way to select the </font>source<font face=”inherit”> (the New back ) from the timeline.. Guess I am missing something somewhere.. Any ideas?</font>

• john bolton

September 12, 2020 at 10:39 am

Don’t know why it all went a bit weird

Another try

There is an Option in BBC Page Turn ( Roll ) that says…..The Alternate Back menu allows you to choose a layer in the timeline to apply to the back of the page turn. None applies the source layer to both sides of the page.

If I click on the ALTERNATE BACK is says “Source”, but can’t find a way to select the (the New back ) from the timeline.. Guess I am missing something somewhere.. Any ideas?

• Graham Bernard

September 12, 2020 at 11:20 am

If I click on the ALTERNATE BACK is says “Source”, but can’t find a way to select the (the New back ) from the timeline.. Guess I am missing something somewhere.. Any ideas?

Yeah, John, I was looking for the same.

• john bolton

September 12, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Can’t even find a tutorial on it. Have tried clicking Source and then the timeline under the one with the actual Page turn..and then click none and all the other permutations..

Can’t be that difficult….. 🙁 but not sure what other permutations to try.

It says Select the LAYER in the source timeline, but does not say which time line or what a LAYER is…

• john bolton

September 13, 2020 at 4:50 pm

Made a bit of progress. I have a video of how it is done,,,

Cant see to how a Video Demo// Can’t you add Video on this New Creative Cow Version?

• Graham Bernard

September 13, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Can’t you add Video on this New Creative Cow Version?

Nope, not so far. Tim knows our wishes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy