Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Nvidia 8800 GT and installing FCS 2.0 error

  • Nvidia 8800 GT and installing FCS 2.0 error

    Posted by Ray Nygren on December 20, 2008 at 12:09 am

    I am on 10.5.2 with leopard graphics update (required for 8800GT) and when I try to install FCS2 I get the IBM Crystal Video card not found 0 vram found error. The card has 512MB ram. So is there a work around for this?

    Ray Nygren replied 17 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Bob Zelin

    December 20, 2008 at 3:32 pm

    I would love to hear the answer to this. I had the same issue.
    I switched to an ATI card. Do you have an AJA Kona installed in your system ?

    Bob Zelin

  • Ray Nygren

    December 21, 2008 at 2:28 am

    I finally got it working by installing Leopard graphics update on a 10.5.2 machine then installing all updates from Apple except OSX 10.5.6. I swear I did this before and it didnt work. But now it does then after install I installed 2 more apple updates except 10.5.6 OSX. I am about to install Kona Card. The issue I had was the 0 Vram which I have seen a bunch of times on different cards erroneosly. I want to know how to workaround this check somehow as it seems to pop up more then it should. If the K?ona installfails I will repost but I dont expect this is a related issue, although I need to make sure of which version of AJA software as 2.8 just added pro res HD capture but might not work with 10.5.2, When I upgrade to 10.5.3 I get the same 0Vram error so mu upgrade path is blocked for now.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy