Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › NTSC -> PAL in PPro 2.0

  • NTSC -> PAL in PPro 2.0

    Posted by Boblafleur on October 8, 2007 at 4:26 am

    Using Premiere Pro 2.0…

    My timeline is basically a slideshow of stills, with mostly fades between slides. NTSC format project.

    I need to send a few DVD’s to be viewed on PAL sets. I see 3 options:

    1. Send them an NTSC DVD and let their DVD player convert (if they do… I made a test PAL disc and was surprised to find that it played fine on my NTSC DVD player)

    2. When I create the DVD, I notice in the encoder options I can choose between NTSC and PAL. Just change this option and encode a special version for the PAL folks.

    3. Create a new PAL project, import the NTSC one, drag the main sequence to the timeline, and encode to DVD using PAL option (automatically set).

    My questions:

    1. Is there anything wrong with #1?
    2. Is there any difference between #2 and #3?

    All of my slides and titles are set to “automatically scale to frame size”. I noticed that although my stills were set this way, my titles were not (by default) and when I created a PAL project and imported the NTSC project, the titles changed size. Once I set the titles to scale to frame size, that problem went away.

    – Bob

    Boblafleur replied 18 years, 12 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy