Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Not getting $139 upgrade price from Sony for SVP12

• Not getting $139 upgrade price from Sony for SVP12

Stephen Crye updated 9 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 9 Posts
  • Nigel O’Neill

October 3, 2012 at 6:08 am

I finally got onto the Sony Vegas software upgrade team on the phone and they told me that because my initial purchase was on the web, any upgrade price negotiation has to be done over the web . When I try and do that, it says I have no support plan * grrrr !?! * What a pain in the b*tt.

If anyone is willing to share their upgrade link at the lower price of $139, it would be much appreciated. I can be emailled at nigelo@iprimus.com.au

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 11 (x32/x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

• Jeff Schroeder

October 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Nigel,

I didn’t get an email. It came across via ‘netnotify’ in Vegas.
    Is yours turned off?

Jeff

2-Xeon X5680 @ 3.33, EVGA SR-2 Mobo, 48GB DDR3, GTX 580 3072MB, 16TB Attached Storage, Win7, Vegas 11 x64

• Jason Preisner

October 3, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Try this link Nigel. https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/upgrade/vegaspro

– Jason
    Visit my Youtube channel – Youtube.com/narcah

• Nigel O’Neill

October 4, 2012 at 7:17 am

Jason, sorry, no go with the URL.

Sony support are successfully running me around in circles here. The upgrade phone support team are saying I can only do it via the web, and the web team are saying I can only do it over the phone. Arrghhh!

• Mike Kujbida

October 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Nigel, I just emailed you with the hopes of getting this issue resolved.
    Good luck as your treatment from SCS is unacceptable.

• Nigel O’Neill

October 10, 2012 at 2:50 am

FINALLY got my $139 upgrade price after calling US based product support at 6AM Australian time. YAY!

• Hannah Jacobs

October 24, 2012 at 5:20 pm

FYI, I just got off the phone with a very helpful rep and was able to get the $139.95 price.

Click “Add To Cart” for the $189.95 price, enter your serial number to go to the next page, and you’ll see a “Promotional Keycode” field in the cart.

Enter: 64785

After updating the cart, I got the $50 discount to $139.95

Now, he didn’t ask for my account information, so that 64785 code definitely wasn’t just for me, but FYI my last upgrade was from 9 => 11, meaning I skipped 10, and it occurred to me that it’s just possible that the code isn’t for everybody, just people they’re worried won’t upgrade. (?)

I’m probably over-thinking that, but if the code didn’t work for somebody else, maybe that’s why. Hope that helps somebody, this thread helped me to realize I could call them, so thanks for that. (I *think* the Net Notify prompt I got said it was only good through October BTW)

• Nigel O’Neill

October 24, 2012 at 9:20 pm

[Hannah Jacobs] “my last upgrade was from 9 => 11, meaning I skipped 10, and it occurred to me that it’s just possible that the code isn’t for everybody, just people they’re worried won’t upgrade. (?)

Hannah, interesting that you should mention that. I opened up a v10 project last night that I had started in May 2012 and net notify finally offered me the $139 deal.

I have, however, upgraded to 10 and 11 in previous years like a typical lemming, but I think you are on to something. I’ll try it next year with v13 🙂

• Stephen Crye

October 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Hi;

I too received the little pop-up when I ran SVP 11 a few days ago. At work, I tried to get the $139.00 and was frustrated. Naturally I turned to the COW for assistance. Thanks!

FYI I had to hit “Update” a few times. Finally it worked. The Promotional Code then changed to this:
    64785-9999

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400, MultiTB SATA, 8GB RAM, nVidia FX 570, Vegas 10e (and 11) x64 DVDA 5.2(build 133) Sony HDR-CX550V

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy