-
More 23.976 fun
Sooo… Rendered out some Quicktimes for 5 handheld shots, took the shots into Nuke, did some jitter removal, exported them out of Nuke, import them back into FCP 6 – and I’ve lost a frame on each shot. For a test I import them into AE and all 5 clips are the right length, no missing frame. INTERESTING!
I use frame rate of 23.976 out of FCP and out of Nuke. It’s always been my understanding that FCP uses 23.976 “under the hood” but shows a frame rate of 23.98 for reasons only Steve Jobs knows. So after more tests I begin to think that FCP is reading the file upon import at 23.98 instead of 23.976. Sure enough, I take one of my exports from Nuke, bring it into FCP where it’s a frame short, export it using 23.976, and magically when I re-import it into FCP I’ve got my missing frame back. SO it’s reading Quicktimes out of FCP at 23.976 but Quicktimes out of Nuke are read at 23.98. How do I tell FCP to import my Quicktime from Nuke at 23.976 and not 23.98?? (and yes I’m sure my Quicktimes out of Nuke are 23.976 and as proof AE reads them properly)Thanks – Chris Lambert