Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › mixing 720p and 1080i
-
mixing 720p and 1080i
Posted by Jean Offenbacher on September 1, 2011 at 2:59 amHas FCP conversion improved? I must work with many hours of 1280x720p @59.94 in a project that is predominantly 1920x1080i @ 29.97. What is the best workflow for editing with mixed formats in FCP?
Rafael Amador replied 15 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies -
5 Replies
-
Rafael Amador
September 1, 2011 at 10:37 am -
Chris Tompkins
September 1, 2011 at 11:56 amTry dropping a 720 clip in the sequence w/ the 1080 and full render.
You may find it looks good.Having a VTR or I/O card to do the conversion would be the first choice.
Software conversion the last.But we have combined the two formats on several edits w/o issue.
Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC -
Rafael Amador
September 1, 2011 at 4:40 pm[Jean Offenbacher] “I will be finishing in 1080.”
Then Compressor should do a better job on upscaling, but if you are happy with FC..
rafael
Reply to this Discussion! Login or Sign Up