Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Mix non HDV stuff and HDV footage on FCP 7

  • Mix non HDV stuff and HDV footage on FCP 7

    Posted by Lahoe Ku on August 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm

    Hi I have a question.
    I’m editing an interview shot by HDV using FCP 7.
    I want to insert various old materials on that.
    The materials are not HDV so I converted them using MPEG.
    I wonder if there is the best way to keep their ratio and work with them on HDV sequence without rendering everytime.

    Everest Mokaeff replied 15 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Chris Tompkins

    August 18, 2011 at 10:26 pm

    Convert all to prores.

    You can bring in the HDV to prores on ingest.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Everest Mokaeff

    August 18, 2011 at 10:35 pm

    Try to use ProRes codecs for all editing purposes unless you have to work w/ files coming straight from camera. Conventional wisdom is to capture HDV as is but change sequence codec to ProRes. It’s more productive had you to mix video w/ different resolution if they’d all ProRes files.

    Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow
    http://www.mokaeff.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy