Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Mini DV footage has line on left side – XL2 & PD150

  • Mini DV footage has line on left side – XL2 & PD150

    Posted by Elijah Lynn on September 8, 2008 at 6:09 pm

    Hi,

    I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. We have footage shot on an Canon XL2 and a Sony PD-150. The both appear to have a line bleeding from the left side the entire vertical length of the clip. In general these clips have a color shift to the right and the Chroma Color Smoothing 4:1:1 takes care of it but not the lines on the far left.

    Has anyone experienced this?

    Elijah Lynn replied 18 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rafael Amador

    September 9, 2008 at 3:00 am

    Hi Elijah,
    Is very strange that footage coming from two different cameras shows the same problem.
    How did you capture it?
    Rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Elijah Lynn

    September 9, 2008 at 6:20 am

    Hi,

    It actually comes from another XL2 we tried as well. We captured from firewire though PD-150 and XL-2.

    I even used a FS-4 to go straight into computer, it still had same issue. Then I used color bars and went to the FS-4. Same issue.

    I have one clip I found where it did not do this.

    I am lost. I feel as if it is color smoothing issue but have no clue.

    Maybe I can post some screenshots.

    The colorbars to FS-4 and viewed on the Mac seem to have some noticeable chroma bleeding.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy