Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Math to convert DVCproHD 720p 24p to SD digibeta broadcast master

  • Math to convert DVCproHD 720p 24p to SD digibeta broadcast master

    Posted by Jcginn on September 25, 2007 at 3:34 pm

    Hello,

    I hope someone can help me with what I’m sure is an obvious question. I have an HD timeline in 24p that will be downconverted to a drop frame SD broadcast digibeta. How do I calculate the conversion to 29.97 and then the drop frame output so my program is at the proper length?

    Thanks,

    John

    Jcginn replied 19 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jamie Pickell

    September 25, 2007 at 4:03 pm

    John,

    Shane has his workaround posted on his blog.
    Here is the link:
    https://lfhd.blogspot.com/2006/09/online-workflow-overview.html

    Jamie
    OS 10.4.9
    FCP 5.1
    Dual 2.5 G5
    Kona 2
    XRaid

  • Shane Ross

    September 25, 2007 at 4:22 pm

    Thanks Jaime…I was going to dig for that…until I saw your post.

    Shane

    Littlefrog Post
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Jamie Pickell

    September 25, 2007 at 4:27 pm

    No problem Shane. An editor recently asked me the same question and I pointed him to your blog.

    Cheers,

    Jamie
    OS 10.4.9
    FCP 5.1
    Dual 2.5 G5
    Kona 2
    XRaid

  • Jcginn

    September 26, 2007 at 12:23 pm

    Jamie and Shane,

    That’s perfect.

    Thanks so much for the quick reply – I really appreciate it.

    John

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy