-
mapping video onto open 3d rectangle
Hi there.
I hope somebody can help me with this. It’s my first post after having used creative cow extensively as a source of reference for years. I did not find a post regarding this little challenge I have or perhaps I did not look in the right place; anyhow, any tips are appreciated:
I suspect I need to map a large video layer onto something that at least looks like a 3d object.
That object is a rectangular box, with the wall that’s closest to the camera removed. If it was a room you’d see the left and right wall, the floor and ceiling and the back wall.
I want to map a video layer onto all visible surfaces. The image needs to go seamlessly over all 5 surfaces.
I have tried mocking it it up by pre-comping the relevant sections of the video layer and arranging them as 3dlayes in a master comp in the way described above (open box), but that leads to breaks in the image as the ‘walls’ cannot continue into the ‘ceiling’ (them being 2d objects). My hunch is that I have to map the video onto a simple 3d object, but how?
Thx,
Sven
