Sound impossible But I’m looking for any possible and yet fast solution to make a hand layer follow Stroke effect to create some sort of hand drawing look.
I did it for a simple shape though, But much complex shapes are waiting for me to hand drawn them, which will take for ever by manual methods! ????
instead of stroke, you can use write-on effect. it also offers a way to reveal a stroke, but with a position crosshair (one you can attach anything to..)
so the workflow is this:
1. make sure your artwork layer is at the default transform values. if not, precomp and move all attributes
2. create a path tracing the actual artwork. set the mask to “None”
3. add the write on effect. change spacing to the minimum, and choose paint style “on original image”. set the color to red.
4. copy the path (from the mask path, not the mask) and paste onto the write-on position property
5. make sure the path being drawing fully covers the artwork. change the brush size to fit.
6. in the write-on effect change paint style to “reveal original image”
7. on the hand layer, set the anchor point at where you want the pivot to be
8. link the hand position property to the write-on position property
don’t crop screenshots. I was looking for information about your project, not that I didn’t believe you when you said you had many masks. I want to see what exactly are you trying to do so that maybe I could offer a workflow that’s better for you. in any case, you cant connect multiple masks in Ae. you can copy them to illustrator and join them there if that makes sense…