Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Macbook Pro 14 multiple monitor config

• Macbook Pro 14 multiple monitor config

• Thomas Wildgen

April 15, 2022 at 1:03 am

Its been a long time since Ive been on Creative Cow! I hope I can draw on the collective wisdom here for some help and advice.

I’m in a new position, supplied with a new MacBook pro 14″ OS Monterey V12.3.1 (32 GB memory) with 2 TB SSD as a media drive running from a USB C port

I have a large project(s) coming up and I can only get the Laptop to run PP without crashing with no connected monitors. if I have 2 monitors +the laptop screen. Running any complicated editing or closing and reopening the PP software will get me the BeachBall spin, I then can only force quit and it will corrupt my timeLine.

Using normal office software like email and a browser, Zoom ect… I have no issues. Of course PP uses more resources.

The IT support here has supplied me with USB-C splitter (MOKIN brand) that supplies HDMI and USB-A connections. it gets quite hot and if I touch it, the screens black out for a few sec’s

What configuration are people using to edit with from this laptop? any recommendations on display adaptors? Am I crazy to try to use 3 screens ?

• Chris Wright

April 15, 2022 at 1:18 am

i was reading there were many people on adobe forums with your same setup and issue. some uses may have had luck trying the premiere beta version.

• Thomas Wildgen

April 28, 2022 at 3:01 pm

So is it the software that is not happy with the display adaptor (Mokin)? where would I even find the Beta software? What forum should I be on to see the discussions?

• Eric Santiago

April 28, 2022 at 3:23 pm

The beta is on the Cloud app.

• Thomas Wildgen

May 24, 2022 at 3:23 pm

UPDATE on Macbook pro and Premiere Pro

Ive been limping along trying to meet my deadlines, and minimize the loss of productivity when I get a crash. I was able to talk to an old colleague that configures editing systems. He recommended 2 changes:

• RE-Format my Samsung T5 SSD media drive to match the MacBook (APFS)
    • Roll back my version of PP to the long term supported version (15.4.5)

The systems seems to be more stable, but I still get the beach-ball fail when booting first thing in the AM, I’ve worked around this by launching PP and trashing the preferences. I’m spending a few minutes after launching resetting my preferences and I haven’t had a crash while editing since.

Any thoughts on why resetting my preferences each time averts the Program non-responsive notice and prompting a force quit?

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy