-
Looping Question
Posted by Dean Faulkner on January 21, 2008 at 10:55 pmHello everyone-
This is my first time on this board, and I already have found some great information! Thanks to all that provide such great responses. Anyways, I have a looping question. I have made a DVD using Vegas 8.0 and DVD Architect 4.5 and I want to know how to make it loop continuously. I have 3 menu chapters, and I want them to each play, one after another, and then start over and continue to loop. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for all responses!Dean
Mike Kujbida replied 18 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies -
7 Replies
-
Mike Kujbida
January 22, 2008 at 2:18 amSet the “End Action” of chapter 3 to chapter 1.
It’ll repeat until you stop it. -
Dean Faulkner
January 23, 2008 at 5:19 amThanks so much for the reply, but I’m still a little confused. I see an “End Action” area, but I can’t seem to find out where to set the end action to chap. 1. It only gives me the options to “loop, hold, or activate”. I see other options is the “Action” tab, but I am still a little confused. Thanks so much for the help.
Dean
-
Edward Troxel
January 23, 2008 at 5:17 pm -
Dean Faulkner
January 24, 2008 at 2:31 amYou’re probably right. So, I guess I’m confused. This is actually the first project I have done with both Vegas 8 and DVD Architect. I’m still trying to feel my way around these programs. Here is what I have and what I want it to do:
1. I have a DVD with 3 seperate chapters (3 different menu buttons).
2. I want to be able to put the disc in a player, have the menu screen pop up, and push the play on the first chapter. I then want the disc to automatically play Chapter 2, then Chapter 3, then go back and start Chapter 1 again, and so on and so forth. This is actually a high school football video that will be shown at their banquet, so they want it to just continually loop on the TV’s without someone having to keep pushing play.
I hope that makes sense, and I’m very sorry if I have mis-interpreted any info you have already given me. Like I said, I’m a rookie, and I am really trying to learn the in’s and out’s of these great programs. Thanks again for the responses, and I look forward to more!
Thanks
Dean -
Mike Kujbida
January 24, 2008 at 3:57 pmDean, If you still have the original files, my recommendation would be to render them out as a single movie.
This way you’ll have the choice of having either an instant start DVD of one with a single menu item.If you don’t have them though, let’s help you work through this.
I’m assuming by “chapters” you mean individual segments (i.e. football-1.mpg, football-2.mpg, football-3.mpg).
I’m also assuming that you’ve dropped all 3 on the menu page so that you have the main title along 3 separate icons.
To get things to loop from clip 1 to 2 to 3 and back to 1, you need to use end actions.
Your mistake seems to be that you’re looking at the End Action tab on the main page and not, as Edward said, for the clip itself.
To see the tab for individual End Actions, double-click clip 1.
It will bring up that clip only with a new sret of tabs on the right side of the screen. Use the End Action tab here to tell it what to do.
In this case, it would be to go to football-2.
Repeat this procedure for clips 2 & 3 and set them to go to football-3 and football-1 respectively.
Let us know if this helps or is still confusing. -
Dean Faulkner
January 26, 2008 at 4:38 amMan, you guys are great! That worked perfectly. And yes, you were right, I did not understand that I first needed to double-click on each clip and then use the end action tabs.
Thanks for all that you guys do on this board. My buddy informed me of this board, and I know that I will be spending a lot of time here!
Thanks again for all of your help. My project is that much better thanks to you guys!
Dean
-
Mike Kujbida
January 26, 2008 at 2:50 pmDean, I’m glad to hear that you finally got it working.
I trust the video was a success.
Happy editing – and DVD authoring!!
Reply to this Discussion! Login or Sign Up
