Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Telestream Live streaming

• Live streaming

Craig Seeman updated 10 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 28 Posts
  • Craig Seeman

October 18, 2010 at 1:04 pm

You’re not articulating any issues.
    Wirecast works like a switcher with layers much like any other switcher with layers.
    Games use major amount of system resources so you have to know how to manage those resources. You have to know how to adjust settings for best results.

Have you asked anyone for help? Have you attempted to describe any issues with any detail?

• Jeff Mack

October 18, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Have you asked anyone for help? Have you attempted to describe any issues with any detail?

You have got to be kidding Craig! Getting help for Wirecast issues is like beating your head against the wall. I NEVER get answers. I also signed up for the beta and had a paid shoot I was doing. I called them and noticed some problems with the Beta version so I called them again and told them I couldn’t afford a problem on my shoot and they suggested not using it since it was so unstable. I have never seen a situation where they would try to make it better and actually made it worse. They seem to be nice people but don’t have a clue about this product. They told me they purchased this product in the hopes to add it to their own line of products. Shame they can’t get it figured out.

Jeff

• Craig Seeman

October 18, 2010 at 1:50 pm

[Jeff Mack] ” I NEVER get answers.”

I know most of the people in both customer support and programing and they generally respond within one day and sometimes within minutes. Worse case scenario might be two days or so if it’s pertaining to a new update as there’s lots of questions around that time.

[Jeff Mack] “. I called them and noticed some problems with the Beta version so I called them again and told them I couldn’t afford a problem on my shoot and they suggested not using it since it was so unstable.”

Why would you use a beta on job? It’s a beta . . . as in still being tested, under development, for public testing and feedback, not for work. If there’s a question it means they must investigate why something isn’t working. Beta is research. The answer is the RELEASED product.

[Jeff Mack] “I have never seen a situation where they would try to make it better and actually made it worse.”

Most reports on the news features have been very good. Of course people want more features and they continue to work on them. I’m also a beta tester and there are many things that are both better and now working that didn’t in previous versions.

• Jeff Mack

October 18, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Don’t mean to be confrontational here Craig but I am not exagerating when I say I NEVER get a response from the tech support people. That’s why I have to call and then when I do, I get no results. I have all of my emails saved to prove that. I would be happy to worward them and check against their outgoing responses. I realize a beta is for testing. I assumed it would be better than the 3.5.8. If you read their documentation, loading the beta actually replaces the old version. You can’t operate both versions. That’s why I called Telestream, to ask them if I could run both. I was told to NOT USE THE BETA. The guy in tech support said it didn’t work. His words not mine. I had to uninstall then reinstall the 3.5.8.

I don’t know what your affiliation with Telestream is Craig, but it is obvious that you are a homer. I think you should be more objectionable to the negative comments and if you are in a position to help Telestream by following up, you should do that vs always assuming the complainant is wrong. Just my feelings and not intended to bash you or Telestream.

Jeff

• Craig Seeman

October 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I have no problem running both the beta and the release version. I just put the beta in a folder in my Applications folder. Perhaps there are conflicts I’m unaware of but I’ve got both running on both 10.6.4 and 10.5.8 systems. If their tech support said not to use it, I can understand as it’s a beta after all. I’ve seen any issues with their response time. Sometimes they may respond that they’re investigating which is an honest response with an issue.

If you genuinely aren’t getting a response from them, post here. You’ll get responses from other users as well as me.

I use a lot of different streaming applications depending on what’s called for, Adobe FMLE on both Mac and Windows (I was a Mac beta tester for that as well). Livestream Procaster (and I’ve beta tested that too). I’ve also used CamTwist. I’ve played with VidBlaster a bit and wasn’t crazy about it compared to Wirecast but it’s serviceable as well. Overall, I find Wirecast is the most flexible but each of the others have specific advantages and that’s why I use ALL of them.

• Craig Seeman

October 18, 2010 at 7:31 pm

[Jeff Mack] “am not exagerating when I say I NEVER get a response from the tech support people.”

I’ve contacted Telestream support and they’ve answered the questions they have records of. Contact has been varyingly by email and phone. If there were any questions they did not respond to, if you give me your email, I can give you an email to send them to and I’ll get them in front of eyeballs.

• ian clark

January 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I use FMLE and Wirecast on PC. I can get all my sources recognised in Wirecast ie Cameras and external players like ipod/HDMI cam/Fibre Optic via Blackmagic card. When I go to FMLE these inputs are not recognised. I have had them all working before.
    I have 3 blackmagic cards installed. 2 Decklinks and one Fibre Optic. I use an HDlink to monitor inputs and that is fine. All devices are being converted to SDI.

• Craig Seeman

January 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Hmm, I think you should have started a new thread. No one other than me as COW forum capo would find this.

Make sure Wirecast is 4.0.1 and FMLE is 3.2.
    Source can only be in one place or another so you can only have one application that uses sources at any given time. You may need to reboot your computer and reopen FMLE.

Viewing 21 - 28 of 28 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy