Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Telestream Live streaming

• Live streaming

Craig Seeman updated 10 years, 9 months ago 7 Members · 28 Posts
  • Rico Mok

January 29, 2009 at 4:54 pm

thanks for you quick reply, First of all if the AJA need to be switched in its own control panel, that would won’t quite work for our purpose. But i have seen both Black-magic design, and AJA had made some hd-sdi input cards, on wirecast site it even said it supports it, but i cant find any information regarding to these product in conjunction with wirecast.

I am just curious, how can you afford that AJA but not a tricaster dont they cost about the same, and also i do not really want to use tricaster because i think it does not have hd-sdi and only s-video, we want to achieve a full HD workflow.

Thanks

• Jeff Mack

January 29, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I owned the IOHD before I had the need for a switcher. I was just trying to utilize the 2 SDI inputs and Wirecast. The Tricaster Pro has 6 DI in’s. That’s about $7K.

Jeff

• Rico Mok

January 29, 2009 at 5:21 pm

oh thanks for you info, but I have checked tricaster do not support HD in put, the reason we want to use wirecast is that they can record a HD copy for archive.

• arthur jacobitti

January 31, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Hi,

I do not know if this is the proper forum but:
    I am looking for an app that allows me to record/capture the screen (video) so I may make turotials, etc.
    Has anyone used a GOOD app that does this?

thanks,

art

• Craig Seeman

January 31, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Actually same company different app.
    Try this
    ScreenFlow
    I’m actually starting to use it to post video/tutorial responses here at the COW.
    You can capture a desktop as well as record from camera for picture in picture. While it’s Mac specific you can run Windows in Parallels on Fusion on the Mac and ScreenFlow will capture it.

Wirecast can do screen capture with Desktop Presenter but it’s not going to match the flexibility of a program specifically designed for screen capture and tutorial editing like ScreenFlow. Both were by Varasoft but Telestream bought the company.

BTW when I get the chance I’ll probably use ScreenFlow to create a few Wirecast tutorials to post here.

• Paul Longstreth

September 25, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I stumbled upon this thread and will ask a couple questions BEFORE I start looking for answers within this forum. Sorry if the answers are right under my nose – as they usually seem to be!

I’m a piano player looking to use UStream to broadcast live piano/voice performances. When I’m home, I’ll do this from my living room, but it’s also important for me to be able to set up a portable broadcast when I travel.

Also, I’m interested in producing pre-recorded as well as live piano tutorials.

My laptop info:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Re: AUDIO, I will sacrifice video for great sound. At home I have access to great mics, but on the road, I’d like something portable and sturdy.

Re: VIDEO…don’t know where to begin! If using iSight is possible, I’d begin there. If however, there are other affordable options, I’d consider a better camera.

Any suggestions for a quick start-up studio? Forgive me if there is a better place to post this question. Advise me!

Thanks,
    Paul

• Craig Seeman

September 25, 2009 at 8:57 pm

The “sky” is the limit or at least your credit worthiness.

[Paul Longstreth] “Re: AUDIO, I will sacrifice video for great sound. At home I have access to great mics, but on the road, I’d like something portable and sturdy. “

You can buy a very high end condenser and a good XLR to USB adaptor.

[Paul Longstreth] “Re: VIDEO…don’t know where to begin! If using iSight is possible, I’d begin there. If however, there are other affordable options, I’d consider a better camera. “
    iSight will work but not very good quality. Get a good DV camera.

If you get a good DV Camera with XLR in and phantom power you can feed the mic into the camera and that will ensure sync since it’s all going through the same clock. Cameras with two XLR ins would allow you to set up a stereo recording.

Keep in mind that your overall quality is limited by the stream itself. Ustream free service probably maxs out at about 700kbps combined video and audio give or take. A paid Watershed account will allow you to stream HD at data rates higher than many people can play though.

• Melvin Dichoso

October 13, 2010 at 9:02 am

Yes wirecast supports it but the way they do it is kinda odd. Its also not that flexible as you can just do limited things with it.

right now im using a beta program called as XSplit Broadcastr and so far i find it perfect for live camera switching. its very flexible to use since you can move things on your stage. i think their in beta right now so you have to sign up first to their beta program here https://www.xsplit.com/

• Craig Seeman

October 13, 2010 at 11:52 pm

[Melvin Dichoso] “Yes wirecast supports it but the way they do it is kinda odd. Its also not that flexible as you can just do limited things with it.”

Hard to make such claim when XSplit is in beta and has no publicly listed feature set, no product announcement, etc.

Wirecast can handles as many sources as your computer itself can handle. Each shot can have layered, graphics, chroma key or Picture In Picture (up to three simultaneous sources plus background).

• Melvin Dichoso

October 18, 2010 at 9:47 am

I’m not claiming that XSplit Broadcaster is perfect because its not, thats why its still in BETA. What I’m saying is that I always have a hard time with Wirecast with the way its interface looks (maybe they improved it in wirecast 4) and it has not really performed well with my full screen broadcasts (such as games and etc.) It’s a good product but maybe it doesn’t just suit me.

Viewing 11 - 20 of 28 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy