Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Kona2 & Component Output

• Kona2 & Component Output

• Mark Maness

November 9, 2005 at 7:56 pm

Why is it the the Kona2 is an HD/SD card and the component out is only SD? You would think it would be switchable just like the SDI inputs and outputs. Can this be a future option that we can use? I have an LCD monitor that uses component HD that I would like to use for client viewing.

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

• walter biscardi

November 9, 2005 at 8:02 pm

[Wayne Carey] “Why is it the the Kona2 is an HD/SD card and the component out is only SD?”

It is HD. It automatically detects what is being sent and displays as such. Or you can go out to the Kona 2 Control panel and manually set it.

I just leave it set to 1080i all time and it automatically detects what FCP is sending to it.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

“The Rough Cut,” an original short film premiering December 7th in full High Definition in Atlanta.
    rsvp@biscardicreative.com to reserve seats.
    https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

• AJA Sales Department

November 9, 2005 at 9:09 pm

Hi-

The analog component out is dual-rate, SD and HD. As Walter said, configure it in the KONA Control Panel as you wish, and KONA will apply any up- or down- convert as may be needed!

Thank you,

AJA Video Systems
    (530) 274-2048 Intl.
    (800) 251-4224 US
    sales@aja.com

• Mark Maness

November 10, 2005 at 2:13 pm

Thanks, guys….. I feel like an idiot now… 🙂 I guess sometimes we do seem to have the time to play around with the software to see if it will do what we want. Thanks again!

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy