Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Kona LHI Setup fo Audio Recording IN FCP Voice Over Tool

  • Kona LHI Setup fo Audio Recording IN FCP Voice Over Tool

    Posted by Drew Kilcoin on May 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm

    Hey all,

    I currently have a blue snowball USB mic that we use for recording but we would like to get a better mic and use it through our mixer and the KONA LHI to record in FCP 7. Now I am very new to the setup of this and would like any help I could get. I

    I have been reading some problems with this, but not sure if it works.

    Right now I have and can see levels on my mixer and have the AJA KONA Analog ch 1 cord on my mixer’s L channel main output and the AJA KONA Analog Ch 2 cord on the R Channel Main out.

    Now to the AJA Control Panel… I set the Input to Analog for video and audio… But very new to trying to capture from the card. What type of settings should I be looking for here?

    IN FCP the Voice Over Tool does recognize the AJA Kona LHI as an INput device, but I can’t get levels. So what should my capture settings be? Or Control Device Settings Be?? does it Matter?

    One thing I was reading is that I need to turn off my monitor ouput, ie turning off all frames. Which I just remember I did not do. But just want to Make sure I have all the settings correct first.

    Thanks for the time..

    drew

    Dave Jenkins replied 16 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Drew Kilcoin

    May 17, 2010 at 10:40 pm

    Called AJA and seems like I have to have a Video reference for me to even get some sort of audio. Cause all I want to do is record audio from our Mackie Mixer and it seems I need a tc reference(video)… that true???

    Drew
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2398405/

  • Doug Beal

    May 19, 2010 at 2:19 pm

    I don’t think it’s a TC ref it’s a clock ref. Even though you are coming in analog you are creating a digital file and it needs to reference something for timing. Think of ref as the drummer. If nobody knows where 1 is, it won’t be music, it’ll be a mess.
    If you want to record audio only, you might want to try soundtrack pro. there you can record and edit with much more sophistication than a frame based app like FCP. Export your mix from STP and import that into FCP

    Doug Beal
    Editor / Engineer
    Rock Creative Images
    Nashville TN

  • Dave Jenkins

    May 21, 2010 at 4:03 am

    I do this all the time with my Lhe. The control panel needs to have the audio set to analog not SDI. I don’t know about the reference issue because we have always had reference feeding the system. Make sure the output of your mixer is feeding the inputs on the card. I believe the AJA input is a line level. Are you sending line level out?

    Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
    MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core – AJA Kona LHe
    FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy