Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Kona LHe in Mac Pro -core. Which card in which slot?

  • Kona LHe in Mac Pro -core. Which card in which slot?

    Posted by Mark Boszko on June 3, 2007 at 3:33 pm

    I’m installing a new system on a Mac Pro octo-core, and I have 3 PCIe cards that need to go in. However, I can’t find a configuration where they can all run at max speed.

    The cards:
    ATI X1900 (needs 16x slot)
    Kona LHe (needs 8x slot)
    ATTO Celerity FC-42ES (needs 4X Slot)

    The Expansion Slot Utility pops up when I start the Mac, warning me that “one or more cards are running below their maximum speed.” However, even with the various options, there isn’t one that gives me a 16x *and* an 8x *and* a 4x. At least *one* of the cards is going to run slower than it could. Is there any recommendation as to what the best config would be? I can’t find anything about the Mac Pro config on AJA’s support pages (but maybe it’s just buried somewhereI can’t see).

    I am going to be capturing 1080 @ 10-bit to a G-SPEED 4.5 TB RAID (RAID 5), so I’m guessing my best option would be to drop the X1900 to 8x, but any advice would be welcome.

    Thanks!
    MB

    —
    Mark Boszko
    Self-Proclaimed Digital Media Guru-in-Training

    mark@steamermedia.com
    https://www.steamermedia.com

    Mark Boszko replied 19 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Szumlins

    June 4, 2007 at 1:51 am

    If you read the release notes in the latest Kona drivers, it explains that Kona cards will run just fine in a 4x slot. Select option 2, put your Kona and storage in slots 3 an 4.

    —
    —
    -Mike

  • Mark Boszko

    June 4, 2007 at 1:53 am

    Okay, thanks. I guess I missed that in my engineering stupor. I’ll re-read the technote. 🙂

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy