Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Is Apple ProRes 422 the best choice for a HD film?

  • Is Apple ProRes 422 the best choice for a HD film?

    Posted by Esther Casas on September 20, 2012 at 6:57 pm

    Hello everybody!

    I’ve been going through several forums regarding what is the best output module for a film that will be screened on festivals, so it will be viewed in a huge size screen and it might be broadcasted on TV.

    I was told that AppleProRes 422 is my best choice. I am exporting the QT in After Effects into Final Cut for editing, and in FC I am going to set it up as AppleProRes422, but I was told that AppleProRes422(HQ)is overkill.
    The film is 2K size, why is it an overkill then? I assume there will not be a difference on image quality then?

    I really need to make sure what is the best setting to project a 2K film in high definition on theatrical screenings…
    thank you all!

    Andrew Rendell replied 14 years ago 8 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
Page 1 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy