Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Io audio problems

• Io audio problems

• Francois Stark

June 1, 2005 at 6:16 pm

I’m renting a second hand Io box and can not get analogue audio to work.

I installed the new 22-27 firmware and driver 2.0b. I’m trying to capture analogue component with analogue balanced audio. I use the stardard audio preset of AJA Io PAL 8 bit. In the capture preset it sayd the audio should come from analogue audio, yet I can see no audio coming in to FCP, and hear no audio either.

Then I quit FCP and go to the AJA Io control panel, where I can see the audio input is set to embedded SDI. That’s wrong. So I change it to analogue audio. Launch FCP again. No audio in the capture window. Quit FCP. Io control panel has switched back to SDI embedded.

What happens is that FCP overrides the audio setting of the io control panel, which is thus actually only used to set video input and processing engine. All audio input settings gets overruled by FCP, and for some reason my FCP does not allow analogue audio, even though the preset says so.

As a last ditch I trashed preferences, which did not help. Stuck now. Any ideas?

• BeeLaster

June 2, 2005 at 2:54 am

The Io Control panel is not for use w/ FCP. Check the Aja site:

“Known Issues
    All Io Products
    You cannot have the Io Control Panel application and any other application that uses the
    Io as an input/output device open at the same time. This includes Final Cut Pro, After
    Effects, Motion, and Combustion

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy