Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Sony Cameras › Importing problem

  • Importing problem

    Posted by Tony Sheng on January 30, 2009 at 8:16 am

    Hello,
    we’ve just updated our productions to HD time,
    and using XDCAM PDW-700 camera.

    When importing longer than 10 second clips i get this

    first PC REMOTE txt disappears from the camera and then
    my laptop says

    Import Error
    The MXF File Contains No Picture Essence

    Cancel All Tasks or Ok

    The same thing happens when draging files and using the transfer software.

    The weirdest thing is that when i make subclips max 10 seconds
    they import with no problem.

    Have any one had this problem?
    I updated my xdcam transfer software to 2.8.0
    but that doesn’t help.
    I’m using firewire connection straight from the camera to my Macbook Pro laptop.
    Could that be the problem, should I use XDCAM FEEDER?

    Eduardo Ferrari replied 14 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Eduardo Ferrari

    June 30, 2012 at 7:26 am

    Hola
    Happen to my too, I manage to open it as follow; I just open the Optical disk go to Clip Folder, open the clip you have problem with the MPEG Streamclip software it is free from the web, it won’t recognise the file at once so a message will come out asking you what you want to do, so select “Open any way”… after a few min it will be read it by the Mpeg streamclip and you can exported to any format you want.
    I can’t find any another option at the moment
    Cheers
    Eduardo Ferrari

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy