Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › importing 1080i24pa into FCP

  • importing 1080i24pa into FCP

    Posted by Pamela Magnus on September 9, 2009 at 3:37 pm

    So my footage is 1080i 24PA shot on the HVX200 and I’m bringing it into FCP. I understand that the HVX records 24PA as 60i and I just need to tick the Remove 2:3 Pulldown box to get my 23.89 footage but I wasn’t sure if I should set up the whole project as a DVCPRO HD 1080i60 project or a DVCPRO 1080p24 project. Any advice would be much appreciated, I don’t want to set up the project wonky at the start!

    Cheers,

    Pamela

    Pamela Magnus replied 17 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Pamela Magnus

    September 9, 2009 at 5:58 pm

    There will, hopefully, be a film out and a 24p DVD, does that mean I pick the DVCPRO HD 1080 24p option? I was intending on editing 23.98, it’s the fact that the camera records 23.98 in 60i that has me unsure what option to pick, do I tell the FCP that the footage is 60i or 24p? Thanks for your help,

    Pamela

  • Jeremy Garchow

    September 9, 2009 at 7:39 pm

    [Pamela Magnus] “There will, hopefully, be a film out and a 24p DVD, does that mean I pick the DVCPRO HD 1080 24p option?”

    Yes, but your easy setup does not matter when inputting tapeless media.

    You have to go up to the log and transfer preferences and choose the ‘remove advanced pulldown/dupe frames’ option and import.

    You then edit in a 23.98 timeline.

    DOn’t edit 24pA footage in a 29.97 timeline, it is not standard 3:2.

    Jeremy

  • Noah Kadner

    September 9, 2009 at 7:43 pm

    Yeah it’s pretty simple if you want 24p and I would recommend it because it’s the most flexible format in post- you must remove the pulldown during ingest. It can also be removed after using the Tool>Remove Advanced Pulldown command. But it’s simpler on ingest. From that point forward, cut in a 1080/24p/DVCPROHD sequence. I show this step by step in my HVX200/FCP training course BTW:

    https://www.callboxlive.com/products/panasonic-p2-workflow-with-final-cut-pro-and-the-hvx200

    thanks,
    Noah

    Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
    Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
    https://www.callboxlive.com

  • Pamela Magnus

    September 9, 2009 at 8:50 pm

    Awesome, that helps a lot guys, thanks!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy