Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Imac G5 2.0 and iLugger sounds great BUT…

  • Imac G5 2.0 and iLugger sounds great BUT…

    Posted by Fernando Gutierrez on September 14, 2005 at 4:04 am

    Guys…
    I’m planning to buy this Imac G5 2.0 with some extra RAM and the iLugger.

    the question is:
    does the 16:10 monitor of the Imac will “change” somehow the images I’m seeing/editing?
    I’ve seen that this Imac work with 1680X1050 resolution.
    I’m planning to work with standard DV and also HDV, but not that much work on HDV.

    am I gonna have any trouble with this Imac?

    need advices befor I get it.
    today, I have a Powermac G4 Dual 1.25 and using a 19″ CRT display with 1280X1024 and sometimes 1600X1200.

    thanks

    Wilhelm Beck replied 21 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jerry Hofmann

    September 14, 2005 at 1:55 pm

    It shouldn’t change the look of the images… however why are you doing this at all? do you need the portability or?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer

    Author: “Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4” Click here

    Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

  • Fernando Gutierrez

    September 14, 2005 at 4:02 pm

    well, I have worked on a HDV project and my dual G4 didn’t have realtime on that. and I had to waste time on rendering.
    portability is not the point.
    and a powermac G5 will be expensive to me, as I live in Brazil and Apple Stuff here is so much expensive.

    if and when I’m going to buy a G5, it will be in US and bring it with me downhere. even with my travel expensives, the G5 will be cheapper.

    I really wanted a Dual 1.8 or 2.0 Powermac G5, BUT… no money for that.
    and a thought that a Imac G5 would be perfect to transport it here and will increase the speed of my work.

    any comments about that?
    suggestions?

    thanks Jerry

  • Wilhelm Beck

    September 14, 2005 at 5:36 pm

    Here

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy