Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › I’m trying to export one 35 min clip but FCP keeps breaking it into 2GB chunks…

  • I’m trying to export one 35 min clip but FCP keeps breaking it into 2GB chunks…

    Posted by Chris Dukes on August 16, 2006 at 1:00 am

    I checked the system settings and the Limit Capture/Export option wasn’t checked so I raised the Minimum Allowable Free Space On Scratch Disks option to 52GB and I got the same problem. I checked the Limit Capture/Export option and made it 52GB and that also didn’t work. I’m exporting Uncompressed 8-Bit to an external drive through Firewire 800. Thanks for any help.

    Mech

    Jim Martin replied 20 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Bret Williams

    August 16, 2006 at 2:18 am

    Drive has to be formatted HFS+ for macintosh.

  • Chris Dukes

    August 16, 2006 at 10:43 am

    So I have to export to export to the HD in my tower or I would have to reformat my external HD and I wouldn’t be able to use it with my Windows PC?

    Mech

  • Steve Eisen

    August 16, 2006 at 1:39 pm

    If you want to work with FCP, you need to a HFS+ HD. It is easier to go from Mac to PC than PC to Mac.

    Steve Eisen
    Eisen Video Productions
    Director-At-Large
    Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

  • Jim Martin

    August 16, 2006 at 3:02 pm

    For 50 bucks, you can’t go wrong with MacDive for mounting HFS+ drives on a PC.

    https://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/

    Jim

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy