- February 7, 2017 at 11:41 pm
Yep… erased it. Now that I’ve recovered from the concussion I gave myself with a 2×4, I’m wondering if it can be restored.
Any ideas, leads, software? I was able to recover files, but they aren’t very useful.
WHAT I DID: I used Jihosoft Photo Recovery which found 20x .mp4 and 17x .mpg.
.mp4: None of my conversion software recognizes the mp4’s.
.mpg: Only VLC recognizes the .mpg. I was able to convert to H.264 at only 3Mbps. Has artifacts.
– What software can convert mp4 and mpg into high bitrate formats? H.264 or ProRes good for me.
– Or should I start with something else to retrieve data from the SxS?
Thanks much for whatever advice you have,
- February 10, 2017 at 12:55 pm
first, have you recorded anything else on the cards? if so….
i’ve used ‘recuva’ with cards and managed to recover most ‘erased’ files, though not with sxs cards which i don’t use.
try throwing the files at handbrake – you never know…
- February 10, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Did you try importing into FCPX?
\’Burbs of Detroit
- February 10, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Thank you… I’ll give those two a try.
- February 10, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Will send one file to a pal who uses FCPX. I’m a FCP7/Premiere guy right now.
Log in to reply.