Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Blackmagic Design How to output 4 channel audio from Premiere Pro via Extreme SDI

• How to output 4 channel audio from Premiere Pro via Extreme SDI

Wolf updated 17 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • Chee Wee Wee Tan

September 25, 2005 at 2:17 am

Hi,

I am a FCP user so when a friend asked me this question and spending 2hours trying to find out how to do it, in the end I am no better off.

What my friend wanted to do is:

Timeline: 1 video track, 2 pair of stereo audio track.

Stereo track 1 is output via SDI and assigned to Track 1 & 2 on the digital betacam

and

Stereo track 2 is outout via SDI AT THE SAME TIME but assigned to Track 3 & 4 on the digital betacam.

What is the setting and where can I find it to do this? I know how to do it in FCP but on Premiere Pro, I am lost.

Thanks.

tcw

• Chee Wee Wee Tan

September 25, 2005 at 2:19 am

Sorry about multiple post here, the server return an error and I tried posting again and again but apparently the 1st one already got posted.

• Wolf

September 25, 2005 at 9:22 am

Hi,

make a 5.1. project and assign Stereo pair 1 (for Ch 1 and 2) in the audio mixer on the front speakers
    and Stereo pair 2 (for Ch 3 and 4) on the back speakers.
    Now you can playout 4 different audio channels with SDI.

Good luck 🙂

Claus-Peter Wolf

• Chee Wee Wee Tan

September 26, 2005 at 1:47 pm

Ok, will try this method. But is there not a more correct way to do this rather then this workaround? It’s strange I can’t tell Premiere which audio channel a certain track is supposed to be output too. It’s very easy on FCP.

Thanks.

tcw

• Wolf

September 26, 2005 at 2:07 pm

Hi,

i don

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy