Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › How to make final cut pro using my expresscard1394 port?

  • How to make final cut pro using my expresscard1394 port?

    Posted by Jerry Ip on October 13, 2009 at 1:25 am

    Hi all, I have a big question about that.
    My MBP17″ only have a firewire800 port, so I got a Expresscard 1394 firewire400 and plug on it.
    It successful shows on the Network, but I cant find any options to change it in final cut pro.
    The program just recognize my MBP firewire800. I tried change the device control in Video/Audio setup
    but fail. Is there any solution to make FCP use my Expresscard firewire400 ? Thanks!

    Jerry Ip replied 16 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Zane Barker

    October 13, 2009 at 3:39 am

    Return the FW400 card and buy a cable with FW800 on one and and the FW camera conection on the other end.

    A MUCH better use of the express slot would be a esata card to use with esata drives.

    There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
    Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!

  • Rafael Amador

    October 13, 2009 at 8:36 am

    I would start by trashing preferences and let FC check the new hardware.
    Rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Jerry Ip

    October 13, 2009 at 12:05 pm

    Thank you you guys, specially Zane, you are right,
    shouldt let the technical problems hold me.

    but I am in HongKong and this expresscard I bought for year ago.
    I got a job and it’s urgent to finish so I cant choose other solution!
    I have remove my mbps firewire config in the network, and let Final Cut Pro rescan the device,
    still fail. I think there must be some problems about my card or DV.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy