Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X How to Delete Old Plug-ins in FCPX 10.6.3?

• How to Delete Old Plug-ins in FCPX 10.6.3?

• Ken Bennett

July 22, 2022 at 6:10 pm

Having upgraded from an iMac to a new Mac Studio with M1 Max chip, and upgrading to FCPX 10.6.3, when I launch FCPX I get a popup window showing all the plug-ins that are now incompatible with M1. The same plug-ins still appear in Titles, Generators, Effects and Transitions. How do I remove these so I don’t get this popup at launch and where they will no longer appear in the FCPX interface?

• John Fishback

July 22, 2022 at 6:39 pm

If you delete them from the Titles, Generators, Effects and Transitions folders, they should be gone. However, some may not be in those folders. Then, look in Library>Plugins>FxPlug. Some might be there. There may be other places they are placed, but I can’t find my notes about that. Hope this helps.

• Ken Bennett

July 22, 2022 at 6:59 pm

You can’t delete them from the FCPX interface. Where do these folders reside? I didn’t find them in the contents of the FCPX app.

???

• John Fishback

July 22, 2022 at 7:36 pm

The folders are in the Motion Templates folder in this path: User>Movies>Motion Templates>Titles. Generators, Effects, & Transitions. They are not in the Library. Note, there are two Motion Templates folders in my Movies folder. Cinema Grade installed that for some unknown reason. You probably only have one Motion Templates folder. If you have two, it’s the one with the Titles, Generators, etc. in it.

• Ken Bennett

July 22, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Thanks. Like magic. All cleaned up.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy