Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects How to batch process a Composition to make separate animations of over 100 flags

• How to batch process a Composition to make separate animations of over 100 flags

ken gorrie updated 1 week, 5 days ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Swami Trika

September 11, 2022 at 2:12 am

Hello all,

Im trying to make an animated GIF of all the countries’ flags in the world in the below animated “coin” format.

On one side is the flag, on another is a “Save Soil” logo.

The two variables are: The Flag, obviously is one variable. The other is the logo, as some countries will have a logo in that language, while others will just/also be in English.

My first workflow was importing a PSD with the two layers in to AE. Then I exported the output as a PNG/Alpha sequence, then brought them into Photoshop and exported as the final GIF with transparency, to get little better control over the size/# of colors.

Doing a few is easy. Just replacing the flags/logo from smart objects in PSD . The re-opening the linked file in AE file and re-rendering. Back in PSD, I just replaced the footage of the sequence. Then Re-exporting the new GIF.

But…. doing over 100 will be too tedious… Does anyone have suggestion on how to batch automate this workflow?

The Flags and Logo are/can be EPS/PNG files, which I guess can be directly imported in AE (we can remove the first PSD step)… but how to get the rest done, I have no idea 🙂

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

• Graham Quince

September 11, 2022 at 1:58 pm

I think I’d probably use Essential Graphics to handle the different images. That would get me an interchangeable effect. Then its just a case of dropping each image into a new comp and adding the essential graphics comp.

Alternatively, if you made a single comp 100 rotations long, and used all your flags as an image sequence precomp (add them all and then use Sequence Layers), you could make a single comp, and chop that up after rendering. Not sure it would be any quicker.

• Allan Barnwell

September 12, 2022 at 3:50 pm

Dataclay Templater is made for this type of batch versioning/rendering. The perpetual Rig license doesn’t require a subscription, but you’ll need to manually submit each render. To automate batch render, you’ll need to upgrade to at least one month of Pro ($100/month).

• Swami Trika

September 13, 2022 at 3:39 pm

wow, ya, that looks like the way to go for sure… but we dont have budget for this 😞

• ken gorrie

September 18, 2022 at 10:05 pm

This might also help…

https://aescripts.com/compsfromspreadsheet/

Costs $50 (No Subscription) There is a little setup involved, but it should do what you need

Cheers

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy