Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › How do I split an mp4 into 4 .mp4sub files?

  • How do I split an mp4 into 4 .mp4sub files?

    Posted by Duncan Alexander on October 11, 2013 at 3:58 pm

    I am currently trying to find a way to play a 4k HD video, and apparently the device requires the full resolution mp4 to be cut into 4 quarters (top left/top right/bottom left/bottom right) and somehow saved so the first one is a ‘master’ mp4 of sorts, with the other 3 files having a .mp4sub extension on them.

    I have looked all over and can’t find a solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Walter Soyka replied 12 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Walter Soyka

    October 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm

    I haven’t heard of this before — what is the playback device?

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Joseph W. bourke

    October 11, 2013 at 5:23 pm

    First time I’d heard of it as well – this is about all I could find. Looks as if it’s being used as a clever way to turn 4 HD quadrants into “4K”:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2160p

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Walter Soyka

    October 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

    [Joseph W. Bourke] “First time I’d heard of it as well – this is about all I could find. Looks as if it’s being used as a clever way to turn 4 HD quadrants into “4K”:”

    I’ve delivered UHD before, but I’ve not heard of the .mp4sub delivery format. I’m guessing it’s a player-specific workflow, and I’m curious what the actual playback system is.

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy