Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › How do I get this effect?
-
How do I get this effect?
Posted by Vincent Lagerwall on October 8, 2013 at 1:01 amHi!
How do I get the effect of the cloth and hair blowing in the wind like in the video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MVdO7vD8A8o#t=62
Joseph W. bourke replied 12 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies -
3 Replies
-
Joseph W. bourke
October 8, 2013 at 2:07 pmMy guess is that these are Illustrator vector layers, and the vector nodes are moved around and keyframed to get the “blowing” effect. It’s really rather stiff, and unlike real hair or cloth blowing. It could also be done with a Displacement Map.
It could also be done with FreeForm, but I think the overall effect would look smoother if that had been used.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Vincent Lagerwall
October 9, 2013 at 12:54 amThank you very much Joseph for taking your time to reply!
If this would be done in After Effects, which technique of doing it would you advice? I´m just a beginner.
Again, thank you very much.
-
Joseph W. bourke
October 10, 2013 at 1:48 amI think it would be easier to use Illustrator paths (or native AE shapes) and animate them. Here’s a tutorial with the basic concept:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com
Reply to this Discussion! Login or Sign Up