Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › How do I capture 1080p24 video in FCP?

  • How do I capture 1080p24 video in FCP?

    Posted by Richard Matthews on March 22, 2009 at 7:35 pm

    Hi everyone,

    I’m working in HD for the first time, and I’ve got an HDCAM tape containing 1080p24 material that I need to capture and edit.

    The HDCAM is connected to the FCP via SDI using an AJA Kona LH, and the Kona utility shows that the video going in is registering as 1080sf23.98, but when I select the 1080psf23.98 Apple Pro Res capture preset in FCP, I just get a blank preview window. If I select any of the 1080p24 options, I just get preview window full of digital crap.

    If I mess around with the VTR and get it to play out as 1080i60, I can get it appearing properly in the preview window, BUT there is no 1080i60 capture option available to me within FCP. If I set the capture preset to 1080i25 Pro Res, I can see and capture the video, but the frame rate is obviously wrong and this is causing major audio sync issues as well as juddering video.

    Can anyone shed any light?

    Richard Matthews replied 17 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy