Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › HDD/AJ-PCS060 Question

  • HDD/AJ-PCS060 Question

    Posted by Tim Scarpino on July 13, 2007 at 2:41 pm

    Greetings All,

    I’m curious if anyone knows how the HDD unit writes data to its drives.

    Does it simply allocate one drive per card, or does it “overlap” data from a card onto a couple of drives if one becomes full?

    Also, should I be able to “play” clips from the HDD using the P2 viewer on my PC?

    As is too often the case with me…I don’t know what I don’t know!

    Thanks,

    Tim Scarpino

    Adam Smith replied 19 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Adam Smith

    July 13, 2007 at 7:46 pm

    From what I’ve read, the P2Store makes a partition equal to the size of the P2 card you insert.

    Insert a 4gb card, and it makes a 4gb partition and then moves the files over from the card. Insert a 16gb card and it makes a 16gb partition.

    It works this way regardless of how much data is actually on the card. An 8gb card with only 3gb data still uses up 8gb on the P2Store.

    —
    Video Photographer / Avid Editor
    Maximus Media Inc.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy