Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Has anyone noticed slower rendering times in FCP 5.0

  • Has anyone noticed slower rendering times in FCP 5.0

    Posted by Jeff Newton on June 12, 2005 at 3:09 am

    I’m just checking to see if it’s a setting that I have wrong but it seems that my rendering times have gotten longer than they were in 4.5?
    I am running a 2.3 dual G5 with 2.5Gigs of Ram. I even tried a new sequence without my motion attachments that house my color corrections but it still seemed long?

    Is there a setting I can change or is this normal?

    Thanks, Jeff.

    https://www.jeffnewton.com

    Jerry Hofmann replied 21 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jerry Hofmann

    June 12, 2005 at 8:45 am

    Is this with a project file that you created originally in FCP 4? There are those render settings that you can apply when you open it for the first time in 5 there’s three levels now of it Fast, better, and best.. fast was the same (linear) as it was in FCP 4.5 I know… so might be something there?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer

    Author: “Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4” Click here

    Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy