Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Green frames in H.624 export (1080, 23.9, Canon 5D)

  • Green frames in H.624 export (1080, 23.9, Canon 5D)

    Posted by Cooper Sloan on May 28, 2010 at 6:39 pm

    I’m editing 1080 footage from a 5D and when I use a specific clip from one of my capture files it works fine previewing + rendering but whenever I export, it drops to green frames as soon as that clip should start and then the video comes back for a sec, artifacts, and crashes. h.624, 23.9 timebase. Any ideas? I’ve never experienced anything like this, but then again, I don’t normally deal with HD.

    Thanks in advance,
    Cooper

    Steve Oakley replied 16 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Sascha Engel

    May 28, 2010 at 8:34 pm

    How do export to h.264? Directly from FCP or with Compressor?
    Try once this: First export your project like that: File -> Export -> Quicktime Movie (in original TimeLine Settings). Then take the rendered project and put it again on a TimeLine. This time Export -> use Compressor -> Choose the H.264 Settings in Compressor.

    Does it work then?

    Sascha

  • Cooper Sloan

    May 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm

    Sascha, I’m giving compressor a shot.

    Dave, how would you recommend converting to prores, and if I go this route is it possible to re-use final cut’s xml to retain the editing I’ve done to the h.624 footage?

    Thanks so much,
    Cooper

  • Cooper Sloan

    May 29, 2010 at 8:39 am

    Prores was the answer. I figured out I could just reconnect the transcoded files. Thanks guys!

  • Steve Oakley

    May 31, 2010 at 6:35 pm

    well I was going to say just transcode the offending clip. OTH Prem Pro edits h264 just fine…. FCP has just become pretty lame and unreliable for work with new formats. I don’t find transcoding acceptable. it really defeats the entire purpose of going tapeless in the first place – saving time.

    Steve Oakley
    DP • Editor • VFX Artist
    http://www.practicali.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy