Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X Glitches in Export – Using Color Finale 2.0

• Glitches in Export – Using Color Finale 2.0

• Glenn Payne

January 14, 2021 at 12:16 am

Hey guys,

I’m having some digital glitches show up in my exports on a couple projects with fcpx. I’m on fcpx 10.4.9. I’ve been using the plug-in color finale for a few years. I noticed that some of the “shape masks” I’ve used are having weird glitches in the final file. This has never happened with other projects.

Example: I put a circular mask over an actor’s black shirt to lighten it up a smidge. In the exported file the circular shape will pop in and out of the image manically. Usually it’s some saturated color like pink or purple, or sometimes solid black. I’m also having some digital strobe type issue where the whole screen will go black or green for a split second here and there. It isn’t consistent throughout the film, just sporadic.

I read that it could be corrupted render files, so I deleted all of those and rendered the film again. It helped in some spots but some are still there or replaced by new variations of the glitches. Do I just keep deleting the render files for the project and render over and over until I hopefully get a flawless one? Seems like a bad plan. lol. It’s an 80 minute film so there’s lots of time for one tiny glitch to ruin the whole thing.

Sometimes these glitches happen in the actual timeline of fcpx but that’s a new development. I originally noticed these as I was making a blu-ray to watch. I then made a small MP4 and had the same problem, but the glitches seems to be in different spots each time.

Is there some remedy I’m missing? Please let me know what other info you might need and thanks for any advice!

iMac Late 2013
    Mojave 10.14.6
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB SSD (footage on external)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB

• Glenn Payne

January 14, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy