Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Getting my film onto a 4.7Gb DVD?
-
Getting my film onto a 4.7Gb DVD?
Posted by Chaz Parvez on January 30, 2013 at 4:16 pmHi
Apologies if I’m missing something simple here…I have a HiDef film that is 16Gb in size. How do I get this onto a 4.7Gb DVD?
I use FCP-X and I also have Compressor – Does that come into play somewhere? Obviously, I don’t want the image quality to suffer too much.
Thanks in advance.
Shane Ross replied 13 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies -
4 Replies
-
Shane Ross
January 30, 2013 at 5:01 pmYou need to compress it into the DVD format, and have DVD authoring software. Apple no longer believes that DVD delivery is needed…at least not from them. They no longer make DVD authoring software. They USED to… DVD Studio Pro and iDVD.
What we do with the OLDER versions of FCP and Compressor is export a self contained QT file, take that into Compressor and choose one of the DVD presets, and compress it to MPEG-2. Then take the resulting files, bring those into DVD Studio Pro and author the DVD. But FCX doesn’t come with DVD Studio Pro…nor does Apple make it anymore.
But, you might have iDVD. So take your 16GB file into iDVD and use that to compress for DVD.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Chaz Parvez
January 31, 2013 at 12:40 pmThanks very much for the info – It’s much appreciated and I’ll have a play this weekend.
-
Joseph Owens
January 31, 2013 at 10:23 pm[Shane Ross] “Apple no longer believes that DVD delivery is needed…”
Really? Not even in a “Share” dialogue? I thought there was provision at least for a BluRay output????
Why not upload the video to FaceBook and then download it to everywhere… isn’t that the way Apple wants it to play?
Oh, well.
jPo
“I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.
-
Shane Ross
January 31, 2013 at 10:41 pm[Joseph Owens] “Really? Not even in a “Share” dialogue? I thought there was provision at least for a BluRay output????”
Oh..right, duh. Easy to forget that when you don’t use FCX.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def
Reply to this Discussion! Login or Sign Up