Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Photoshop Genius Pensketch 9 x 12 hangs in photoshop

• Genius Pensketch 9 x 12 hangs in photoshop

• Mike Morris

March 31, 2007 at 11:08 pm

I recently purchased a Genius PenSketch 9 x 12 tablet. It works great in every program, except photoshop. It will draw the first line, sensing pressure, etc. no problem, but when I try to start a new line, photoshop hangs for a while before it allows me to draw again. I have searched through Genius’ help and forums, and haven’t successfully found the solution. Anyone here have any idea? I am using CS2 on a quad G5 Mac with 4.5 gigs of Ram. Latest OS X and Photoshop updates have been installed. And, like I said, the tablet works without any lag or delay in every other application.

If anyone can offer a suggestion, I’d appreciate it!

Thanks

Sib Ntsib Dua

Xeeb

• Mike Gondek

April 2, 2007 at 7:18 pm

Does it hang on every tool in photoshop? I never use the smudge tool, cause it is so slow.

Download the 9.02 update if you have not already and resetting your preferences

• Mike Morris

April 3, 2007 at 10:26 pm

With any tool. Paintbrush, eraser, extract filter, etc.

9.02 update for photoshop or the tablet?

thanks,

Sib Ntsib Dua

Xeeb

• Mike Gondek

April 4, 2007 at 5:56 pm

9.02 is for photoshop (CS2 is version 9). If your tablet software has an update download that also.

• Mike Morris

April 10, 2007 at 7:23 am

I’ve downloaded the updates, and it hasn’t done anythign to alleviate the problem. Any other suggestions? It seems like it is a RAM issue of sorts, so I am wondering if the Disable VM-Buffering plug-in I’ve installed to utilize the 4.5 gigs of ram is somehow messing with it. If anyone has any solutions, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks,

Sib Ntsib Dua

Xeeb

• Dave Barnard

May 7, 2007 at 5:10 pm

Your problem may be with the tablet driver – are you using the Genius OS X driver?

Genius Pensketch tablets only had Windows drivers until just recently:
    https://www.dynamicgraphics.com/dgm/Article/28714

There is a Mac OS X driver for download on their main website:
    https://preview.tinyurl.com/28lzjo

It is a V1.0 release, so there may well be a few bugs…
    If you are using this driver send them some User Feedback 🙂

I would be very interested to know how you get on, I’m considering a load of these large tablets for a VFX lab I’m setting up. It has to work on Mac Photoshop though!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy