Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X Flickering Footage after export from Resolve 16 to Fcpx

• Flickering Footage after export from Resolve 16 to Fcpx

• Viktor Rjabkov

February 23, 2021 at 2:27 pm

So i made a project in Fcpx, i did all the cutting in Fcpx, exported it as a Prores 422 HQ Video. Created New Project in Davinci Resolve 16 and did all the color-grading there. again exported as Prores 422HQ to Fcpx.

Now when playing back the footage it looks awesome, but as soon as i hit pause or, for example, i am changing an effect or i try to add some extra color-grading the image is always changing… the contrast and exposure is constantly flickering as soon as the video stops.

So now i can not use fcpx any more after the export from davinci… i cannot do any additional colorgrading in fcpx because the image is always changing again as soon as i move any slider in the colorpage.

• Joe Marler

February 23, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Try playing it in Quicktime Player using the JKL keys. Single step it and see if behaves similarly. If so it is not an FCP issue.

If it’s unique to FCP (not Quicktime Player), make sure the viewer playback is set to Better Quality. Create a new project and add that one clip to it, with no other effects.

Also delete all render cache by selecting the library in the left sidebar, then doing File>Delete Generated Library Files>Delete Render Files>All, then reboot the machine.

If it still happens after that, select the clip in the timeline, then the Inspector, at bottom of the Inspector pane select view mode “Settings”, then in Color Space Override select “Rec 709”.

There was a similar bug on certain camera codecs in an earlier version of FCP. Make sure you are on the latest version which is 10.5.1.

• Viktor Rjabkov

February 23, 2021 at 8:36 pm

So i managed to fix the issue:

I read a alot of Threads about the color and gamma shift of resolve.

I solved all that -> exported again a correct Prores 422hq file.

Created a new Library in Fcpx -> New Projekt -> imported the new correct files with optimized media

Now everything plays perfectly !!!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy